Issue with Polar align and smarteq ioptron with ASI AIR PRO

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

skypgo35

Issue with Polar align and smarteq ioptron with ASI AIR PRO

Post by skypgo35 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am

Hello ,
I am using a Ioptron Smarteq Pro mount connected to ASIair PRO with firmware version 5.05 and the app to 1.43.
my issue is that the goto capability with ASIair isn't working. I can see the mount and configured correctly with the time and date and can synch.
I can also control the mount manually in all 4 directions. However, when I choose an object and goto it, the mount will not move at all. it does not give me any errors, it just shows the window like its slewing but the mount does not move.
On top of that it shows RA and DEC at 0 degree or 0 position...whan I try a polar align, it failed after the first platesolving and the first 60 degree rotation...nothing is happening , the mount doesn't move.
Thans a lot for your support.
Pascal

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Issue with Polar align and smarteq ioptron with ASI AIR PRO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:02 am

skypgo35 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:55 am
Hello ,
I am using a Ioptron Smarteq Pro mount connected to ASIair PRO with firmware version 5.05 and the app to 1.43.
my issue is that the goto capability with ASIair isn't working. I can see the mount and configured correctly with the time and date and can synch.
I can also control the mount manually in all 4 directions. However, when I choose an object and goto it, the mount will not move at all. it does not give me any errors, it just shows the window like its slewing but the mount does not move.
On top of that it shows RA and DEC at 0 degree or 0 position...whan I try a polar align, it failed after the first platesolving and the first 60 degree rotation...nothing is happening , the mount doesn't move.
Thans a lot for your support.
Pascal
Hey Pascal, please update to the latest app version v1.4.4, the goto issue has been fixed.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China