ASI AIR PRO and SKY SAFARI

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

skypgo35

ASI AIR PRO and SKY SAFARI

Post by skypgo35 » Mon May 11, 2020 6:39 am

Hi

as a new fan of ASI AIR PRO, I have one question related to SKY SAFARI used jointly with the ASI AIR PRO. My setup is a IOPTRON smarteq+ connected to the box wit a RS232-USB cable. It works fine with the ASI AIR app, but when I want to connect my mount with SKY SAFARI 6 PRO, it doesn't work at all... I have followed the guidelines and entered in Sky Safari 6 PRO : Ioptron smarteq mount + IP address 10.0.0.1 and port number 4030.
I have also tried the sation mode, but same results...

what do yo suggest ?

Brgds

Pascal

asif

Re: ASI AIR PRO and SKY SAFARI

Post by asif » Tue May 19, 2020 8:40 am

Pascal

I recently setup the PRO with SkySafari and used the following settings (see their facebook page)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASIAIR/ ... 690875283/

ASIAIR PRO

Mount (EQMOD with Sky Safari - Note: I'm using an EQMOD Cable)

Sky Safari

Equipment Selection:
Scope Type: Meade LX200 Classic

Communication Settings:
Connect via wifi
IP address: 10.0.0.1
Port Number 9624

vladi

Post by vladi » Tue May 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Oh, yes! It took me quite some time to find this out! The current version of the manual is wrong on this. Thanks for duplicating this here. It will be far simpler to find. I hope the manual will be updated soon

Marco

Post by Marco » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:10 am

Hi all,

Can someone clarify this please. If I am using a mount like an iOptron or Celestron mount (like the iOptron GEM45, which is not listed in SkySafari scope type options; or the Celestron CGX, which is listed as an option in SkySafari setup), do I still have to choose Meade LX200 Classic as scope type? Do I leave the communication settings as via wifi, IP address: 10.0.0.1 and port number 9624 (instead of default 4030)? I also have a usb cable connecting the mount directly to the ASIAir instead of the famous EQMOD cable.

Thanks.

gundamrx91

Post by gundamrx91 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:10 am

Hi Marco,

I've got the GEM45, connected to ASI AIR directly with a usb cable. In ASI Air app there's the GEM45 mount, I don't know in Sky Safari Pro, but it doesn't matter because it connects to the mount without any problem.

Giuseppe

Marco

Post by Marco » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:10 am

Hi Giuseppe,
Connecting the ASIAir to the iOptron GEM45 mount is not a problem. Yes, the ASIAir recognizes this mount by its proper name and the connection is alwats successfully established. What I cannot do is, once the ASIAir is connected to the mount, how to get SkySafari to recognize this mount and use SkySafari to slew the mount to my targets. Within SkySafari's telescope setup, there are several iOptron mounts listed, but not the GEM45. And I keep reading that the way to setup SkySafari to use regnize the GEM 45 is by selecting the Meade LX200, etc. Which I find puzzling and confusing. That's what I'd like to find out.
Regards,
Marco

W7AY

Post by W7AY » Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:57 am

Have you tried the following?

Select "iOptron CEM40(EC)/GEM45(EC)" in ASIAIR.

In SkySafari, use Scope Type "iOptron CEM/iEQ Pro/AZ Mount Pro."

For SkySafari Communication settings, use Port 4030 as the ASIAIR mount proxy port for the iOptron mounts.

If ASIAIR is set up as a wireless HotSpot, and your iPad's networking is connected to the ASIAIR access point, use 10.0.0.1 as the IP Address in SkySafari.

If your ASIAIR is connected to your home network, either with WiFI Station Mode, or with Wired Ethernet, check ASIAIR or your router for the IP Address that has been assigned to ASIAIR by your home router, for example, something like 192.168.0.234.

I don't use an iOptron mount, but the above works with my mount simulator, set to simulate the CEM40/GEM45.

Chen

gundamrx91

Post by gundamrx91 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 pm

I'm sorry Marco, I've forgotten to answer to you.
Yes, using on SkySafari Pro the

"iOptron CEM/iEQ Pro/AZ Mount Pro"

option, you should be able to connect your mount.

Giuseppe