Goto problems with HEQ6

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

leshigginsq

Re: Goto problems with HEQ6

Post by leshigginsq » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:18 pm

I had my new ASIAIR Pro working just fine on my two NEQ6 mounts until about three days ago. Now, I can target and move with the ASIAIR app but cannot get SkySafari Pro 6 to connect to the mount. Also, whatever has happened has made it impossible to use my SynScan hand-controller, even without the ASIAIR!

Currently using Galaxy Tab A, ASIAIR app (just refreshed), SkySafari Pro 6 (just refreshed), NEQ6 Pro mount, Lynx USB/Serial cable.

I need to be able to use planetarium software because the range of objects in the ASIAIR app is too limited.

Please fix as soon as you can. We have had months of rain, rain, rain and cloud. Now we have clearer skies but my telescopes don't work!

Les.

ronht

Post by ronht » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:52 am

FYI - I think the issue with the scope not returning to the correct "home" position has something to do with the EQmod/Skysafari connection.

I imaged several hours last night. Initially all my Go-to's worked perfectly, and my scope returned to the "home" position with no problems after every target. However, when I later connected to Skysafari my first "Go to" with Skysafari connected and seemed to worked fine, but after that the scope would no longer return to the correct "home" position. Furthermore, when I attempted another "go-to" from that position ASIair had difficulty centering the target.

I then turned my mount off in my ASIair app, selected only "EQmod" from the mount list without Skysafari, turned the mount back on in the application and my scope returned back to the correct "home" position and performed later "Go-to"s with no further problems.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

BTW - Wo juede ASIair, shi feichang hao de!
Xiexie nimen hao hao de gongzuo a!

Ron

Suttonrog

Post by Suttonrog » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:38 am

Any news on the testing?

Sutton

John mc

Post by John mc » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:50 am

Waiting to hear this is fixed. I have AZEQ6GT mount with EQMOD cable. I will not be buying an ASIAIR pro unless I know there are no goto issues. It’s been a few weeks since initial post. That’s a lot of water imaging time. Would have expected a far speedier resolution.

ronht

Post by ronht » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Have you guys tried your "go-to's" without going through the SkySafari connection?

I've been out 3 nights in the last week and by simply getting the info of the target from SkySafari and manually entering it into the ASIair "go-to" I haven't experienced any problems what-so-ever.

The ONLY time I've seen any issues at all is when attempting a "go-to" from SkySafari and then switching back to ASIair. Leave SkySafari out of the "go-to" process and everything works perfectly.

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:22 am

Hey guys, please try ronht's way, use ASIAIR without SkySafari or just pick the RA/DEC from SkySafari. It's seems something different between ASIAIR and SkySafari.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

Suttonrog

Post by Suttonrog » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am

Thank you for your reply.
You must have noticed all the postings about goto not working, Scopes not returning to the home position. Cameras not triggering, or stopping. All following the latest 1.4.3 issue.
I hope that when 1.4.4 is released you will have fixed all these bugs.
I have stopped using AsiAir and am just using SkySafari and an intervalometer as I used to.

So please stop making excuses and fix the software otherwise you will lose your customers.

Sutton

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Wed May 06, 2020 8:36 am

Suttonrog wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am
Thank you for your reply.
You must have noticed all the postings about goto not working, Scopes not returning to the home position. Cameras not triggering, or stopping. All following the latest 1.4.3 issue.
I hope that when 1.4.4 is released you will have fixed all these bugs.
I have stopped using AsiAir and am just using SkySafari and an intervalometer as I used to.

So please stop making excuses and fix the software otherwise you will lose your customers.

Sutton
We just brought a new EQDir cable to test this issue on the HEQ5 Pro, hope to fix it.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China