Feature Request - Dither Without Guiding

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

afox

Feature Request - Dither Without Guiding

Post by afox » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi,

Firstly I would just like to say thank you very much for the ongoing development of the ASIAIR. I have had a unit since they first came out and it continues to improve on every new release. Please keep up the good work!

I presently dither using the guide scope functionality and find it works really well. For short focal length using the excellent PA routine you recently introduced my system tracks fine without guiding. The only reason I use a guider is to dither.

Would it be possible to have a simple dither system without guider? For example just maximum dither distance in main camera pixel units and settle time (no stability obviously as there would be no guide camera).

If it is already possible but I have failed to understand how to do it please accept my apologies.

Best regards

Antony Fox

ASIAIR@ZWO

Re: Feature Request - Dither Without Guiding

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:02 am

afox wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:46 pm
Hi,

Firstly I would just like to say thank you very much for the ongoing development of the ASIAIR. I have had a unit since they first came out and it continues to improve on every new release. Please keep up the good work!

I presently dither using the guide scope functionality and find it works really well. For short focal length using the excellent PA routine you recently introduced my system tracks fine without guiding. The only reason I use a guider is to dither.

Would it be possible to have a simple dither system without guider? For example just maximum dither distance in main camera pixel units and settle time (no stability obviously as there would be no guide camera).

If it is already possible but I have failed to understand how to do it please accept my apologies.

Best regards

Antony Fox
Hello Antony,
So glad you are in the ASIAIR world and happy with your little box.
About the Dither without Guiding feature, I have feedback to our team and added to the todos, AFAIK, it can be implemented but we need to do more research on it. For now, we can only do dither with guiding.
Thank you for your understanding.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China

afox

Re: Feature Request - Dither Without Guiding

Post by afox » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Hello Ji,

Thank you very much for considering the request. I appreciate you have many other things to work on but I look forward to the unguided dither function if you manage to implement it.

Best regards

Antony