Can't guide with the asi air

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

W7AY

Re: Can't guide with the asi air

Post by W7AY » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:33 pm

>> I've tried the st4 cable to USB and that doesn't work with the air.

To guide using ST4, you'll need to select "On-Camera-ST4" as the telescope type in the Telescope Settings window. Then connect the ST4 port from the selected guide camera to the ST4 port of the mount -- no USB involved.

With ASIAIR (today), you cannot concurrently control the equatorial mount and use ST-4 for guiding. It would definitely be a useful option (someone else on this forum has also asked for it).

Chen

themoeller

Post by themoeller » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:04 pm

Thanks Chen. Looks like tomorrow night's going to be clear so I'll give it a go.

Also, after doing some digging on the forums, I saw another user had the same problem that I'm having. I'm using the synscan hand controller for the telescope driver, he suggested the beta.

I will try that as well and report back.

I also just picked up a few extensions for the 290 mini, and I'm going to try my 72mm doublet as a guide scope for my 127 Ed.

thank you for all your help and I will let you guys know what happens.

BB001

Post by BB001 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 pm

I have an iOptron and you need to use th AsiAir (usb) port’s mount output and connect that to your handcontroller via the serial cord provided by iOptron (that has an RS232 adapter) connect that to the zwo provided cord w rs232. My ioptron would not guide from the ioptron guide port; only while plugged into the HC.

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:50 am

BB001 wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:31 pm
I have an iOptron and you need to use th AsiAir (usb) port’s mount output and connect that to your handcontroller via the serial cord provided by iOptron (that has an RS232 adapter) connect that to the zwo provided cord w rs232. My ioptron would not guide from the ioptron guide port; only while plugged into the HC.
Yes, when connected to the Guide Port, we need to choose the On-Camera-ST4 in the telescope drop list just as Chen said.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China