Celestron Mounts

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: Sam, Tech@ZWO, ASIAIR@ZWO

matcky

Re: Celestron Mounts

Post by matcky » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:38 am

zl4plm wrote:USB to hand controller
Hi Zl4plm,

I also tried to use mini USB to connect the HC with ASIair, however the ASIair couldn't found the AVX mount. Any suggestion you'd share with me? Should I turn on the ASIair power before the AVX mount or otherwise?

zl4plm

Post by zl4plm » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:09 am

just make sure it really has the celestron set in the telescope type I found it occasionally does not remember the setting and will revert to default

denver70

Post by denver70 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:21 pm

How do I connect the Asiair to my Celestron AVX? What specific connector cable? What port on AVX? From USB on Asiair? I would not use the hand controller if using skysafari? Thanks

luiscalle

Post by luiscalle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:26 pm

denver70 wrote:How do I connect the Asiair to my Celestron AVX? What specific connector cable? What port on AVX? From USB on Asiair? I would not use the hand controller if using skysafari? Thanks
I got the same mount. Just connect ASIAIR using mini USB port from handbox. Once you enter ASIAIR app and got connected, select "Celestron Nexstar" option, and done.

denver70

Post by denver70 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:40 pm

So the HC is connected to the AVX and use the mini USB on HC to connect to ASIAIR? Then Control AVX by iPad Sky safari? The HC is just a pass thru?

luiscalle

Post by luiscalle » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:47 pm

denver70 wrote:So the HC is connected to the AVX and use the mini USB on HC to connect to ASIAIR? Then Control AVX by iPad Sky safari? The HC is just a pass thru?
Yes. Just do it selecting Celestron Nexstar from ASIAIR app.
Dont forget you must making polar alignment before using ASIAIR. I sugest using a reticle eyepiece in my case.

Doctorharris

Post by Doctorharris » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:25 pm

I amusing the ASIair eith an AVX and have no problems. Do your polar alignment and star calibration on the mount first, then plug in the mini USB cable to the bottom of the hand control and power up the ASIair. Select Celestron Nexstar as your mount. I use the iPad version of SkySafari Pro 6 and it can connect to the mount through the ASIair and control it with a tap. Thr plate solving routine in ASIair seems to work well and after solving you can “sync” the plate solve back to the mount to fine tune your star alignment. Be aware that sometimes, when restarting, the app sometimes forgets the equipment so be sure to go through the camera, filter wheel, and mount settings to be sure everything is connected. I a, still working on the guiding routine but that should get worked out soon.

vladi

Post by vladi » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 pm

> Dont forget you must making polar alignment before using ASIAIR. I sugest using a reticle eyepiece in my case.

Ops! Why? Does the polar alignment in ASIAIR not work with AVX? I love it on my current SkyWatcher AZ GTI. Is it also needed to do start alignment? I hope not... I stopped dealing with initial start alignment on the SkyWatcher AZ GTI since I started using ASIAIR. It would be great to keep this on AVX

ASIAIR@ZWO

Post by ASIAIR@ZWO » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:02 am

vladi wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:15 pm
> Dont forget you must making polar alignment before using ASIAIR. I sugest using a reticle eyepiece in my case.

Ops! Why? Does the polar alignment in ASIAIR not work with AVX? I love it on my current SkyWatcher AZ GTI. Is it also needed to do start alignment? I hope not... I stopped dealing with initial start alignment on the SkyWatcher AZ GTI since I started using ASIAIR. It would be great to keep this on AVX
Quick Align or One-Star Align is required by Celestron Mount which helps to init the Encoder in mount. Hardware limitation.
ZWO | ASIAIR Support
Suzhou China