Go to/ slew issue & sky Safari connect

Astrophotography has never been easier

Moderators: yang, Sam, lancer jiang, Ji.zwo

danarch

Go to/ slew issue & sky Safari connect

Post by danarch » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi all,

Last night I had nailed a near perfect polar alignment, but when I selected my target in ASI air it would slew to within a few arc minutes then hang there and not complete go to. I would leave it there for about 30 secs then cancel it. Then if I took even a 5 sec exposure it would show trailing stars. Any advice?

Also, can not seem to connect SkySafari to asi air, I am using eqdir cable, have connected to ASIAIR via eqmod with synscan ok. In SkySafari I enter skywatcher synscan as Mount, German equatorial, IP 10.0.0.1, port 4030. But can’t connect either.
I appreciate you helping on this.
Regards
Dan

Ji.zwo

Re: Go to/ slew issue & sky Safari connect

Post by Ji.zwo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:11 am

danarch wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:25 pm
Hi all,

Last night I had nailed a near perfect polar alignment, but when I selected my target in ASI air it would slew to within a few arc minutes then hang there and not complete go to. I would leave it there for about 30 secs then cancel it. Then if I took even a 5 sec exposure it would show trailing stars. Any advice?

Also, can not seem to connect SkySafari to asi air, I am using eqdir cable, have connected to ASIAIR via eqmod with synscan ok. In SkySafari I enter skywatcher synscan as Mount, German equatorial, IP 10.0.0.1, port 4030. But can’t connect either.
I appreciate you helping on this.
Regards
Dan
Hello Dan,
Did you wanna use your mount with SkySafari through EQMod way? If so, please follow this guidance:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ASIAIR/ ... 690875283/
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China

danarch

Post by danarch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi Ji,
Thank you for your reply in regards to SkySafari, can you advise on the go-to hang up?

Ji.zwo

Post by Ji.zwo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:49 am

danarch wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:41 pm
Hi Ji,
Thank you for your reply in regards to SkySafari, can you advise on the go-to hang up?
Hello Danarch, I noticed that the GoTo hangs up with an incorrect connection, right?
After connecting your mount to the ASIAIR and [SkySafari with EQMod] without the SynScan HC (direct to the mount AUX port - for hand controller), I guess there isn't hang up anymore.
If you are okay, please send me some photos of your cables connection. Mailto: ji@zwoptical.com. Thank you.
ZWO | Tech Support
SuZhou China