ASIair - Manual Filter Option

Moderator: Sam

Adrenaline

ASIair - Manual Filter Option

Post by Adrenaline » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:04 am

I own a ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro which I use with a ZWO mini guide scope and ZWO ASI120mini, ZWO-EAF and 135mm lens all controlled with a ZWO-ASIair. In order to keep the weight to a minimum (dodgy hands) I use a manual filter holder.

Please can I request that ASIair allows you to select a Manual Filter option thus allowing you to input the filter name in a sequence, e.g. H, O, etc.

Currently, following capture, I have to use a third party software to modify/edit the .fit header to include filter name before certain calibration software will recognise the files as legitimate .fit files. This problem also arises with Flat files - no filter name and the software refuses to use the calibration files.

Thank you for considering my request.

P.S. The ASIair has absolutely transformed imaging for me - easy to setup , easy to use, consistently reliable and stable. Thank you for a great product.

Moson

Re: ASIair - Manual Filter Option

Post by Moson » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:24 am

Thanks for supporting us.You can use MFW but it is manual, means it is cannot be controlled remotely.

astronomos

Post by astronomos » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:00 am

Hi
Another feature request in the filter area.
It would be nice to be able to name the filter in addition to the standard single letter names.
Now days we have dual band filter, pollution filter, etc.

would be good to be able to name the filter

thank you

jose

Moson

Post by Moson » Thu May 07, 2020 7:45 am

Sorry we currently will not add this feature to the ASIAIR.