ASICAP released

The Place for ZWO to announce new software release note
Only ZWO can post topic here

Moderators: ray, chad, walkfaraway

ASICAP released

Postby Sam » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:19 am

we just released our first version of ASICAP
you can download and test from google play store
welcome to test and feedback

ASICAP is a capture application on android devices for ZWO ASI USB3.0 cameras. Please make sure you have an ASI 3.0 camera and your android devices supports OTG. ASICAP can help you control the camera to do Video recording and picture saving. So you needn't carry heavy computer when play with the camera outside.

please tell us your phone model and weather you need provide external power supply to run our camera

tested phones listed below:
Vivo S9
XiaoMi 5S need external power supply
Samsumg S4
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby einari » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:14 pm

Is there a minimum Android version limitation.
I tried to find ASICAP with my Android tablet but no luck.
However could find it with Windows PC and with Chrome.
einari
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: ASICAP released

Postby ray » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:38 pm

einari wrote:Is there a minimum Android version limitation.
I tried to find ASICAP with my Android tablet but no luck.
However could find it with Windows PC and with Chrome.


Minimum version is 4.4, what is the Android version number of your tablet?
Download link : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zwoasi.smartcontroller
ray
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:26 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby einari » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Yeah, realized that it's about time to invest in new tablet...
einari
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: ASICAP released

Postby wargrafix » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:41 pm

Tried it on a Galaxy s5 and works like a charm
wargrafix
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:29 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby einari » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Looked at the introduction video and could not see timelapse features.
Any plans for that ?
einari
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:51 pm

Re: ASICAP released

Postby Sam » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:47 am

einari wrote:Looked at the introduction video and could not see timelapse features.
Any plans for that ?


more funtion and app will come in the future
just tell us what you want
ZWO Founder
Location:lon=120.6 lat=31.3
SuZhou China
User avatar
Sam
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby Vincenzo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:10 am

Hi!
If we connect a camera to an Android device, I think the power is not enough to cool the camera, isn't it?
Then can we power the camera through external 12V battery and connect it to an Android device to shoot with cooling? (and in this case the camera should not use USB OTG power)
Because I wish to use it without computer.
Can we schedulde x shoot for long exposure?
It's a little bit worry to see any features in ASICAP if no camera is connected
Vincenzo
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby jrmcvey » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 am

Vincenzo wrote:Hi!
If we connect a camera to an Android device, I think the power is not enough to cool the camera, isn't it?
Then can we power the camera through external 12V battery and connect it to an Android device to shoot with cooling? (and in this case the camera should not use USB OTG power)
Because I wish to use it without computer.
Can we schedulde x shoot for long exposure?
It's a little bit worry to see any features in ASICAP if no camera is connected


The camera uses USB power for the sensor and interface circuitry, but it has a separate power inlet for 12VDC for the cooler. In fact, when the ASI1600MC-cooled camera is powered from the 12V cable, it appears to stop drawing power from the USB host (computer or tablet or phone). Therefore, there is no issue having sufficient power from your Android device.

The beauty of ASICAP is there is no need for a computer! You just need a 12V battery for the cooler and maybe a 12V charger for your tablet or phone.

ASICAP has many good features and is being improved all the time.

Enjoy,

John
jrmcvey
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:34 am

Re: ASICAP released

Postby Vincenzo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:47 pm

jrmcvey wrote:
Vincenzo wrote:Hi!
If we connect a camera to an Android device, I think the power is not enough to cool the camera, isn't it?
Then can we power the camera through external 12V battery and connect it to an Android device to shoot with cooling? (and in this case the camera should not use USB OTG power)
Because I wish to use it without computer.
Can we schedulde x shoot for long exposure?
It's a little bit worry to see any features in ASICAP if no camera is connected


The camera uses USB power for the sensor and interface circuitry, but it has a separate power inlet for 12VDC for the cooler. In fact, when the ASI1600MC-cooled camera is powered from the 12V cable, it appears to stop drawing power from the USB host (computer or tablet or phone). Therefore, there is no issue having sufficient power from your Android device.

The beauty of ASICAP is there is no need for a computer! You just need a 12V battery for the cooler and maybe a 12V charger for your tablet or phone.

ASICAP has many good features and is being improved all the time.

Enjoy,

John


Thank you very much John, it's exactly what I want to know for using ZWO camera without PC.
But can you control the cooling temperature via ASICAP?
Vincenzo
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:47 am

Next

Return to New Release

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest